Enlightenment: Tex Rickard built New York’s third Madison Square Garden in 1925 on Eighth Avenue between 49th and 50th Streets, 16 blocks north of the present-day (fourth) MSG. Ahead the 1932-33 season, Garden management announced they’d be installing a new lighting system that would make the rink three-and-a-half times brighter. A total of 256 lights would do the job, according to R.E. Clisdell of the General Electric Company explained it, all without producing any direct glare in the eyes of patrons. When the new lights flicked on for the first that fall, it was for a meeting — above — of the two home teams, New York’s Rangers (far end) versus (near) her Americans. The former ended were on the rise: by time the season reached its end, in April of 1933, the Rangers would be Stanley Cup champions.